Re: Summary[2]: dpkg and alpha/beta versioning

Yann, following your summary of alpha/beta versioning, it seems to me
that a best practiced has arised and reached some consensus.  I wasn't
following too closely, but I thought I saw this happening.  Did it?

If so, could you just take the best practice, and, if it's something
requiring dpkg changes, raise discussion in dpkg-dev@lists.debian.org.
If the best practices (hope hope) does *not* require dpkg changes, how
about submitting a bug against the pacakging manual to document the
best practice?

Then I could feel like we've accomplished something, instead of just
being a debating society.