pkgs that have installer scripts, and the pkgs that depend on them.

I am packaging up Communicator/Navigator 4.05(full debs) for debian.  Because
of the way I provide /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape, I have to conflict
netscape{3,4}.

During an irc session, someone said that fortify wouldn't install with my pkg.
Fortify depends on netscape4.  This is wrong, in my opinion.  Netscape4 is
just an installer, and is not needed to actually install netscape.

Should pkgs depend on installers?  I have my debs providing 'netscape.'
Should all installer pkgs provide a virtual pkg, that other pkgs then depend
on?

Adam

ps:  please see http://master.debian.org/~doogie/netscape/ and
     http://master.debian.org/~doogie/netscape/APT