Re: NEDD for a policy manager

Hi,
>>"Ted" == Ted Whalen <tew@debian.org> writes:

 Ted> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> I think if we ratify the constitution, we can get the tech
 >> committee to take over the policy managers job. One of the
 >> objections people had was that the policy manager was one lone
 >> individual, and they felt that they were at the whims of that
 >> individual. The tech committee is supposed to be made up of people
 >> who have displayed a modicum of technical competence, and they are
 >> not individuals either.

 Ted> I've generally found that rudderless committees lead to impasse.
 Ted> Perhaps if we redesignate the 'policy manager' the 'policy
 Ted> chairman'.  Moving the position away fron definition of policy
 Ted> and final decision making and towards /leadership/ of the policy
 Ted> group.  Groups without well-defined leaders, without people who
 Ted> set and enforce an agenda, tend to sit around and bicker.  (cf
 Ted> debian-devel) If we're going to have an anarchy, let's at least
 Ted> designate a 'chief anarchist'.

	Have read the constitution? If the technical committee is
 rudderless, we have a serious problem.

	Secondly, the tech committee has a chairman. There are well
 defined procedures for conflict resolution in the committee. So most
 of your objections are groundless where it comes to this proposal.

	manoj

--
 You will be recognized and honored as a community leader.