Re: NEDD for a policy manager

Hi,
>>"Rob" == Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

 Rob> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
 >> The tech committee shall not by itself decide policy. The
 >> policy group shall decide on this as before; the tech committee shall
 >> merely codify and implement the decisions of the policy group.

 Rob> I presume by implement here you mostly mean editing of the policy
 Rob> document?  Much of implementing policy is, of course, things that
 Rob> others need to do.

	*blush*. Yes, I meant the tech committee shall codify and
 write edit the actual manual, and one of the members may be in charge
 of the actual release.

	I was not really set on the tech cmmtt; but it is already well
 defined; it is supposed to have responsible and technically competent
 people (well, theoretically, at least, and at this stage, that is
 better than nothing), and has a chair person, and has very well
 defined and open procedures for resolution of conflict.

	The bug reports against the policy shall be redirected to the
 policy group, BTW.

	manoj
--
 "The C committee took something that wasn't broken, and tidied it up
 without breaking it." Dennis Ritchie (dmr@alice.UUCP), about ANSI C