Re: libc6_2.0.7 release notes...

Hi,
>>"Dale" == Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

 Dale> Brandon Mitchell has come up with a better scheme than my "numbering"
 Dale> alternative. Consider the following:

 Dale> 2.0.8pre1	2.0.8-0pre1
 Dale> 2.0.8pre2	2.0.8-0pre2
 Dale> 2.0.8           2.0.8-1

 Dale> This has several advantages over my previous scheme. It preserves the
 Dale> upstream version information in "human readable form". It takes advantage
 Dale> of the fact that dpkg will create a source upload for -0 and -1 sequences.
 Dale> It naturally maintains the dpkg sequence ordering of the version numbers.
 Dale> It doesn't need to use epochs.

	I actually like this. I still think that the aversion people
 have for epochs is rather more than is warranted from the technical
 objections (the mandatory longevity _is_ a technical objection), but
 the -0 approach is elegant.

	I am copying this to the policy list.

	manoj
--
 Statistics: A system for expressing your political prejudices in
 convincing scientific guise.