Re: libc6_2.0.7 release notes...

--On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 2:59 pm -0400 "Raul Miller" <rdm@test.legislate.com>
wrote:

>> Anyway, this is obviously somewhat of a religious issue, and having
>> said that I whole heartedly agree with Manoj (that there are *zero*
>> technical arguments against epochs), I will now shut up and ignore
>> this thread.
>
> I believe the scope issue constitutes a technical argument.

[Cc to policy added]

I personally feel that the scope issue is a minor, aesthetic, but valid,
technical argument.

My personal suggested scheme would be:

2.0.7.pre.2.0.8pre3

Or some such (I haven't got the bit of policy handy which specifies exactly
which characters I can use), since it includes the full upstream version,
but sorts correctly.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |