Re: RFC: Emacs add-on packages and make.

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	I think I second your request: what are the opinions about
>  making emacsen add-on packages depend on make?  In the old days this
>  dependency was relegated to the maintainers machine, snd thus
>  irrelevant; but now if it is to be required on every machine the
>  package installs on ...

My opinion is, if you need make to do the build "properly" (and
many/most emacsen packages probably do), then depend on it.  Anyone
who's installing emacs in the first place, probably won't be worried
about the size of make, and it is critical to the install process in
many cases.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>