Re: Documentation as Software (was Re: PerlDL license)

Hi,
>>"Bob" == Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> writes:

Bob> A standard would become meaningless if anyone were allowed to
Bob> modify and circulate it freely.  These copyrights are clearly
Bob> appropriate for documents of this type.

Bob> I suggest that policy clearly state that standards may be
Bob> incorporated in the Debian distribution with copyrights that do
Bob> not conform to the DFSG, or that a section be added to the DFSG
Bob> permitting standards to prohibit modification.

	I think I tend to agree. The GPL itself, BTW, is not subject
 to the GPL. I think we need to add to the DFSG to specifically
 exclude standards (and define that we mean not executable text
 documents that would invalidate the document by changing it; and
 these include standards, the Licences, etc.

	manoj
--
 In his '90 Usenix presentation, Dennis Ritchie reminded the audience
 that Steve Jobs stood at the same podium a few years back and