[Q] update-menus

Hi,

according to:

<http://master.debian.org/~schwarz/lintian/reports/Davide_G._M._Salvetti.html>

I have two outstanding Lintian bugs, against auctex and mailcrypt
because I call update-menus in prerm instead of in postrm.

Given the way update-menus actually works, it's my understanding that
it won't make any difference where the call actually is (either prerm
or postrm), provided it's correctly made.

I tested this on my system, and both packages work well with menu.

I don't see any point creating a postrm just to call update-menus if I
already have a prerm that can do this as well.

Maybe we should either state clearly in the policy that update-menus
has to be mandatorily called from postrm (i.e., it's behavior may
change in the future and stop working if called from prerm), or allow
calling it from prerm in lintian.

Thanks,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr]