Re: Proposal how to handle mass bug reports

> > >  Noone may submit many bug reports or send mail to many maintainers
> > >  without prior approval for the specific person in question to send
> > >  mail under those specific circumstances.
> >
> > approval from whom?
>
> Several people already have "mass mailer" scripts (bcwhite, Christian, me
> just to name a few). Maybe one of us should be appointed as "official mass
> bug report submiter" and will operate after a debian-policy consensus on a
> case by case agreement on each bug?

If you don't mind, I'd like to keep running my "nag" program.  I've verified
with Christian that both of our programs finger the same bugs.  Nag has
been running since December.  It was also running for about 6 months earlier
last year, but got stopped when I got a new machine.  It's much better now
because it reads the web pages directly instead of the bug lists distributed
by email.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )