Re: HAMM FREEZE (removed packages)

> > Non maintainer releases do not close bugs. However, a non maintainer
> > release that *just* fixes a bug because a bad building environment
> > (buggy debstd, in this case) should probably be able to close such
> > bugs.  What do others think about this?
>
> Just downgrade the severity of the bug in question; that should keep
> the package away from the prying clutches of the release manager.

I heard that!  <grin>

> IMO a `Fixed' severity is the best way to handle the issue of
> non-maintainer uploads and bugs, as discussed previously.

I agree with this.  Until such becomes available, though, just down-
grading the bug to "normal" seems a viable alternative.

Just so you know...  I have a list of all critical, grave, and important
bugs.  I will be checking them to see if they are still open when release
time comes around.  I don't mind people changing the severity of bugs (I
downgraded a few dozen myself before the freeze), but I will be verifying
the reasons behind such.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )