Re: `Every package must have exactly one maintainer'

[You (James Troup)]
>Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
>> What *did* you mean here?
>
>s/a trite argument/incorrect/.

I'd have to agree with James that the bugs against 'dpkg' are not so much
an argument against 'dpkg' as a testimonial to the curse of dpkg.  A very
strange curse.  All maintainers for it eventaully give up and leave
Debian, or for some reason stop maintaining anything.

This is not to say that multimaintainer pacakges are either good or bad;
merely that we shouldn't use dpkg as an example case.