Re: policy violation and bug reports. - some resolution?

Hi,

	I do not think that packages should be putting conffiles in
 user home directories, even if the user is root. So far, the files in
 root have been 2 or 3 lines long; I do not see why they should be
 longer, but even longer files in .toot/,bash* could be created in the
 postinst  wothout ugly droppings in the /root directory.

	I think /root is akin to /home/root except that root's home
 has to be on the root partition.

	There is no need for conffiles in /root; I'd be happy to
 provide patches to the postinst if the maintainer feels unsure about
 coding it.

	manoj
--
 Cthulhu for President, if you're tired of choosing the LESSER of two
 evils.