Re: manpage for GNU utilities?

Hi,
>>"Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

Hamish> On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 10:37:15PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava
Hamish> wrote:
>> Who needs to pull up emacs to read info pages? there is a stand
>> alone info, which is faster than lynx, and has way better search
>> capabilities than either lynx or "less".
>>
>> I understand people who say outdated man pages are bad, but lack of
>> knowledge of the tools available is no justification in a policy
>> debate.

Hamish> Not being an emacs user myself, I find info hard to use. On
Hamish> the other hand, man gives you your choice of pager, so man has
Hamish> no such problem.

	;-). I meant to say was that in my _opinion_, the multi file
 searching capabilities of the stand alone "info" and the heirarchical
 structure of the info mechanism offer better search capabilities than
 *any* pager has (i did not mean to single out less, in the contrary,
 I think less is one of the more feature full pages out there, and
 info is better).

	But, outdated man pages are an anathema to me too, and I say,
 start writing the man pages to submit as bug reports.

	manoj
--
 Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crud.