Re: manpage for GNU utilities?

Hi,

	Well, I can't argue with "Either we ship manual pages (then
 they have to be up-to-date) or we don't ship manual pages."

	However, is this not rather late in the development cycle of
 hamm to bring this up? Should we concentrate on getting hamm out
 before generating potentially lots of warnings (How many warnings are
 we talking about anyway?) which can't possibly be fixed before
 release.

	Also, this places extra burden on people who maintain GNU
 stuff like shellutls and file utils that contain lots of GNU sources
 with documentation in TeXinfo. It is often not easy to convert info
 sources to man pages.

	The bad part about that is that if we accept that those
 warnings are OK not fix before release, then we are diluting the
 utility of lintian.

	Hmm. Looking for violations. This takes ages. On my machine,
 that is 74 man pages that have to be written, and the bulk of the
 responsibility falls on a very few people.

	I I think we may do well to postpone this to after 2.0 is
 released, and then have people sent in a man page with every
 bug report.

	Yes, actually, if every bug report is accompanied by an
 uptodate man page, we need not wait until after 2.0.

	manoj
 chroot cp dd mv df mknod rm rmdir touch du ln chgrp chmod chown
 dircolors install ls mkdir mkfifo false tty users who nice yes printf
 pwd sleep stty test true tee date echo env expr groups id basename
 dirname logname nohup pathchk printenv uname whoami nl tr cat
 unexpand uniq wc pr split sum tac tail comm csplit cut expand fmt
 fold join cksum head od paste sort gnu-su a2ps dvips octave scm
 If you don't disturb yourself, like a broken gong does not vibrate,
 then you have achieved nirvana. Irritability no longer exists for you.