Re: awk: essential virtual package?

On 18 Feb 1998, James Troup wrote:

[extremly essential vs. essential]

I fully agree to what James said. So I think it would be good to check out
all "Essential" packages in which category they fall.

Note, that from the package system's view, there shouldn't be a difference
between these two categories--it's the maintainers who need to know which
one a package is--in order to set up Depends or Pre-Depends.

There was a suggestion on debian-devel about creating and maintaining a
list of essential packages that explains the reasons why a specific
package is marked essential. This list should also contain information
about whether a package is `extremly essential' or just `essential.'

What do you think?

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz