Re: awk: essential virtual package?

Hi,

	[discussion on how a broken depends in procps does not really
	kill the system]

	Maybe the correct wuestion is if procps needs t be essential?
 Does anyone remember the reason why? I did not think that procps
 binaries are essential -- required maybe (why even that?) but
 essential?

	I think that the definition of essential packages should be
 packages which, if they are broken, leave the system in a state that
 can't be repaired (a missing or broken libc or ld.so comes in that
 category, as does dpkg).

	What would break if procps dies?

	manoj
--
 That only with propriety be styled refinement which, by strengthening
 the intellect, purifies the manners.  -- Coleridge