Re: manpages for X11 games?

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Joey Hess wrote:

> Christian Schwarz wrote:
> > > On a related note, what is the policy about the endings of manpages (e.g.
> > > /usr/X11R6/man1/package.1x.gz or /usr/X11R6/man1/package.1.gz)
> >
> > Good point, we haven't discussed this yet.
>
> What's the point of setting up a policy for something like this, that
> doesn't matter one way or another?

1. This discussion is raised every few months so be writing it down, we
might avoid future discussions on the very same topic :)

2. AFAIK all the extensions have to be _hardcoded_ into the man-db source
code. Thus, it's evil if maintainers `invent' new extensions.

Cheers,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
                    schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Don't know Perl?     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.perl.com     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/