Re: /etc/init.d/README and policy manual

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> According to Christian Schwarz:
> > As you've probably seen from my last policy weekly posting (issue #5),
> > policy will be changed to force each /etc/init.d/foo script to support the
> > `restart' and `force-reload' options.
> >
> > When I updated the policy manual I discovered that the /etc/init.d/README
> > file and the chapter about init.d in the Policy Manual are nearly the
> > same--but not exactly the same. We somehow have to "merge" the texts.
>
> Well, I think it is important to keep policy like this in one place,
> so prevent having contadicting or out of date instructions.
[snip]

Completely agreed. Note, that I'll need some time to `merge' in the
current README into the policy manual. Please keep the README in the
package until I've release the new policy manual--I'll drop you a note
then.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian has a logo!    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/