Re: PW#5-16: Use of /usr/src

 I propose that perhaps source code distributed in .deb packages, such
 as kernel sources, be unpacked directly inside "/usr/src", and that
 the "/usr/src/debian" directory be designated for opening
 .dsc/.orig.tar.gz/tar.gz/diff.gz source sets.  It occurs to me that
 this would be more of a convention than something imposed by the
 source handling tools.

 "/usr/src/debian/Work/" could contain a developers CVS working
 directories, and "/usr/src/debian/Build/" could be where the
 export/build/dupload cycle can take place.

 I think that someone with more experience than I have ought to give
 Red Hat's system a good looking over.  I'm not qualified --- You tell
 me and we'll both know.  I must follow the more experienced
 programmers' advice, of course.

--
mailto:karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg