about unique maintainer address policy

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for my rather intemperate message on
this subject last week.  I'll post more later, but for now I'd just
like to say two things:

Firstly, as I understood it, current policy was that it was nice but
not required for maintainers to have exactly one address.  This seems
quite reasonable - the implication is that you should have one address
unless you have a good reason for wanting different onces.

Secondly: I'm rather concerned that the driving force behind this
policy is coming from the developers' DB and the `people behind
Debian' page &c.  Surely we should design our databases and software
systems to cope with reality, rather than redesigning reality to fit
the proposed database ?

Ian.