Re: about unique maintainer address policy

On 29 Jan 1998, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> ydirson@a2points.com (Yann Dirson)  wrote on 28.01.98 in <[🔎] 199801282159.WAA04963@ppp37.a2points.com>:
>
> > Ben Pfaff writes:
> >  >     - change the current DB schema to be able to store different
> >  >       "Maintainer:" email addresses for each person
> >  >
> >  > This is the best solution IMHO.  It is more flexible and doesn't force
> >  > adoption of a single e-mail address.
> >
> > It seems solution #3 (registering full name, not email address)
> > doesn't force it either.  I think it would be better.  Probably
> > solution #1 (the one you advocate) will just make the DB bigger, not
> > gaining much.
>
> Well, until you get a case of two people with the same full name. Sooner
> or later, it will happen.

In which case, we could easily have one person using his nick name in
front of the maintainer addresses. Note, that in my proposal I didn't not
say that that text in front of the address has to be the real name as
stored in the DB. We could use any name there as long it's unique:

     Christian Schwarz 1 <schwarz@somewhere.1.com>
     Christian Schwarz 2 <schwarz@somewhere.2.com>
     Christian Schwarz n <schwarz@somewhere.n.com>
     Christian (something) Schwarz <schwarz@somewhere.m.com>