Re: lintian and e2fsprogs: doc-directory policy

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Drake Diedrich wrote:

[snip]
>    I think (know in my case) that many packages that came from the same
> source package only put the copyright in /usr/doc/source-package, rather
> than in every /usr/doc/binary-package.  Perhaps the policy could be
> amended to either permit /usr/doc/source-package or suggest putting in
> symlinks from /usr/doc/binary-package to the common
> /usr/doc/source-package (as already done by tetex, libc6, several -dev and
> lib*g, and xemacs20).

As long as the binary packages `Depend:' (or `Recommend:') the package
containing /usr/doc/source-package and they install a symlink
/usr/doc/binary-package this solution is fine with me.

(All this is necessery to make sure /usr/doc/<bin-pkg>/copyright always
exists.)

However, this isn't a big difference to current policy so I bet it
wouldn't make things much better. (I still like your suggestion, though.)

Any other opinions?

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/