Re: Taking over production of emacs20 package.

Sten Anderson <sten@bergsoe.k-net.dk> writes:

> Thus this package fails to put the file in /etc/xemacs/site-start-20.d
> That is probably a bug in dpkg-dev, but how many emacsen are a package
> maintainer supposed to take into account?

Yep, this is a problem.  I just sent a mail describing ways I thought
we might handle this.  Let me know what you think.

The brief version is that I don't think that the maintainers should
have to take into account any of the emacsen, any further than
figuring out which versions the package should be OK with, and then
doing something like:

 install-elisp --supports "emacs,emacs20,xemacs" \
   /usr/lib/foo-emacs-add-on/*.el

in the postinst.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>