Re: Policy Weekly Issue #4/4: Announcing new packages before uploading them

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Hmm, this is different than the idea of adding them to the changelog and
> having Guy's installer scripts close the bugs. If this X-CLose header is
> used, the responsibility for closing bugs is still left up to the developer.
> Part of the reason for having the installer scripts close the bugs is so the
> bugs are only closed if/when the package is actually installed into the
> distribution. This X-Close idea won't let you do that.

Right.  I wasn't saying that I liked the X-Close header better, just
that it was another option that had been mentioned that was better
than the "automatically scan the changelog" option.  I happen to think
that the changelog closes= field is the best thing suggested so far.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>