Re: On Bruce Perens and Dave Cinege, etc.

Hi,
>>"Britton" == Britton  <fsblk@aurora.alaska.edu> writes:

Britton> What I like about the term limits idea is that they permit
Britton> authority to be rotated around regularly with no hard
Britton> feelings anywhere.  I would feel bad voting Bruce out of
Britton> office after all the work he has done.  Term limits make
Britton> change automatic, which is perhaps good.

	Why is rotation of officers beneficial? I understand rotation
 in crops and agriculture, but in my team at work, I'd make a horrible
 document writer or a vms client design/code person. Why does
 authority rotation make sense? espescially as authority is not an
 disembodied entity passed around like a baton; it comes encumbered
 with responsibility and needs time commitments.

>> This is not a yes or no on Ted Kennedy, but if he was doing that
>> bad of a job wouldn't he have been out of office a long time ago?
>> To buy

Britton> So I take it you are from Vladivodstock or some such place?

	Huh?

Britton> I don't mean it to be unpleasant or ungrateful to Bruce, just
Britton> the opposite in fact.  I don't like to think of any Debian
Britton> volunteer stepping down after being voted out, term limits
Britton> seem to me like a better idea for this reason and others.

	Oh, bruce is tough. He can take it. Waste no tears on him
 (sorry, bruce). And I don't think that the job of the president is
 for the sensitive types anyway. Herding cats is not for the
 thinskinned.

	manoj
--
 "The more you have, the more you have that needs fixing." Karl
 Lehenbauer