Re: DEBIAN POLICY WEEKLY, #4 (October 23, 1997)

Marco d'Itri wrote:

> [Please Cc all replies.]
> On Oct 23, Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:
>
>  >I suggest to change policy so that every Debian package has to use
>  >liblockdev to lock/unlock devices.
> We should not force to modify all packages, not every maintainer is
> a C programmer who knows how to modify the source.

We have several rules that force such modifications, from the dot file
lock in MUAs to temporary files usage, and none has complained before.
But no problem, if you don't fell to do such changes by yourself, It's
quite easy to find volunteers around here ;)

Fabrizio