Re: DEBIAN POLICY WEEKLY, #4 (October 23, 1997)

[Please Cc all replies.]
On Oct 23, Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:

 >I suggest to change policy so that every Debian package has to use
 >liblockdev to lock/unlock devices.
We should not force to modify all packages, not every maintainer is a C
programmer who knows how to modify the source.

 >Wouldn't it be good if every script in /etc/init.d would start with a shell
 >variable that's set to 0 or 1, depending on whether the daemon should be
 >started at boot up time or not? For example:
What about testing for some file like /etc/run-on-boot/package?
If the sysadmin changes the script, at the next upgrade dpkg will bother
him.

--
ciao,
Marco