Re: abandoning the rules of discourse

Hi,
>>"Joost" == Joost Kooij <kooij@mpn.cp.philips.com> writes:

Joost> I agree that indeed only very, very occasionally the
Joost> mailinglists get disturbed in a way that ought to call for
Joost> measures. So rarely in fact that all too much emphasis on
Joost> possible measures might be a bigger disturbance to the lists
Joost> than the occasional nutter's appearance.

	I don't know. I'd rather we grasp the nettle and have a clear
 policy in place rather than just wish the issue went away ;-)

Joost> The last time there was an issue, I actually enjoyed the fun to
Joost> read digests and I frankly cannot imagine a situation where
Joost> stronger action is needed ( except maybe for people posting
Joost> their kernels - I wouldn't want a digest of that. )

	On the other hand, you were not the one being insulted, were
 you?  No doubt it is extremely edifying to the bystanders, but it is
 less fun for the people bearing the brunt of the abuse (I'm learning
 from the media, I think).

	manoj
--
 "Life's a Cabaret... Long, dull, and full of Nazis." Howard the Duck