Re: When to get the upstream maintainer involved.

  Bruce> This is in response to a complaint from Ted Tso's, who is the
  Bruce> upstream maintainer of e2fsutils. He said that Red Hat takes care of
  Bruce> its own bugs, and we should as well. I have to agree with him.

File the complaintt under Debian haters. How many Debian-positive notes have
you seen from him ?

The upstream authors of my packages generally welcome bug reports.  Moreover,
they know their code way better than I do. I provide system integration
through packaging. But when the actual code fails, it is time for them to
look at it.

--
 edd@debian.org   http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd   PGP KeyID 1024/6D7F08DD