Mailing list crossposting

To debian-policy: can we please make it policy that messages should
usually only be sent to one of:
 debian-devel
 debian-policy
 debian-user
 debian-announce
 debian-devel-announce
?

To debian-dissent: the question of debian-dissent is a little tricky
(it's not an official Debian list, and we certainly want to allow
crossposting in general between Debian and other lists), but to make
debian-dissent more useful I'd like to suggest to Dave Cinege that he
make it policy for his list that things should usually be posted to
debian-dissent only if they have not been posted to one of the lists
named above.

That way people who subscribe to all of the lists above won't have to
read the messages many times.

If Dave is unwilling to make such a policy I predict that people will
start to unsubscribe from his list.  I for one have too little time to
waste it reading duplicate messages.

Thanks,
Ian.