Re: Mailing list crossposting

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Ian Jackson wrote:

> To debian-policy: can we please make it policy that messages should
> usually only be sent to one of:
>  debian-devel
>  debian-policy
>  debian-user
>  debian-announce
>  debian-devel-announce
> ?

I agree.

I don't think this belongs to the policy manual. It should go into the new
"Debian Developers Reference" in the section about the mailing lists.

In addition, the section should have a list of all mailing lists with a
short explanation of the topics on each list (Martin Schulze volunteered
to create the list) and some "Guidelines" of how people should behave on
the lists.

It would be nice if a few people here could give me some input on this.
I'll summarize the results and present them here again before they will
become official.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com