Re: US Debian Crypto Policy - Project leadership position

Dave, you do seem to like stirring up trouble.  I too am a
troublemaker, but I at least try to aim my trouble somewhere it will
do some good.

If it were just me I'd be quite happy to put all the crypto stuff on
our US mirror sites.  However, those mirror sites are doing us a
favour, and unfortunately we don't have an abundance of well-connected
sites willing to offer us space and willing to stand up to US
government pressure.

I'd be happier, even, if our master site were in one of the parts of
Europe where we don't have laws (`unconstitutional' or otherwise)
against exporting cryptographic software electronically.

Any change here needs people running sites to come forward.  To those
of you who feel the issue is critical for you I say: go and find a
good selection of well-run, well-connected sites willing to take the
risk, and then we can talk about how bes to organise things.  I'm sure
Bruce feels the same way.

Ian.