Re: US Debian Crypto Policy - Project leadership position

On Mon, Oct 13, 1997 at 09:12:25PM -0500, Dave Cinege wrote:

> SPI should not be using the Debian name. SPI should have no part in Debian.
> When Bruce Perens steps down or is voted out where does that leave the new
> leader? Will Bruce be cede the corporation to him? If we get a new leader does the
> corporation vanish? (I hope so)
>
> Either way this has little to do with the issue at hand unless BRUCE makes it so.
> People should be able to host what they want, without being shunned. It is time for
> the interests of SPI Inc. to step aside.

What is it you don't like about SPI Dave?
It's stupid to say that the interests of SPI conflict with the interests
of Debian, because SPI was set up to service Debian. SPI gives Debian
some financial advantages, nothing more. What is the problem?

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.