Re: tar files in example dirs

joost witteveen wrote:

> Then don't untar them in place!

I don't think that tarring files under /usr/doc/<package> is a good
thing to do.
What would be the purpose of permitting such a thing?
example files are there to be read or even browsed with your browser.
Please think that those tarballs contain text files.

> You seem to have the habit of doing a lot of things as root,

I've never logged in as root since the installation of the box, if this
could be of _any_ interest in the discussion.

fabrizio