Re: /usr/X11R6 [a suggestion]

if we give /usr/X11R6 it's own hirarchy, why don't we do everything to
there ? and where should we stop ?

examples :
 - /var knows no X11R6
 - we have our doc files in /usr/doc, not in /usr/X11R6/doc

new fhs draft will make some things different :
/usr/share takes many files : doc, man, locale

doc is not moved, man is moved to X11R6.
should i move locale files of x11 programs to /usr/X11R6/ ?

the path argument (skip /usr/X11* on machines without x11) doesn't count
for me : for such reasons we could create /usr/gcc, /usr/emacs and other
stuff. (or the other way : create /usr/kde).

im still not conviced that all x11 applications must go in /usr/X11R6.

andreas