Re: kde directory structure

Hi,
>>"Fabrizio" == Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> writes:

Fabrizio> The os wants things splitted by type because this is optimal
Fabrizio> for their use, and I agree completely. But SW producer's
Fabrizio> goal is different, and I don't think that we should oblidge
Fabrizio> them to follow our scheme. The /opt proposal keeps boths
Fabrizio> goals. Isolate SW packages in a hierarchy reserved for use
Fabrizio> to the SW producer, AND installs splitting by type using
Fabrizio> symlinks and wrapppers.

	Fine. Let the software developer do what they want with opt;
 that is for them to fill. Debian itself, being the OS vendor, does
 not touch /opt. What is the problem here?

	manoj

--
 Proclaim liberty throughout the land until all the inhabitants
 thereof. Leviticus 25:10