Re: [OT] handspring visor experiences ?

> Does anyone here use a Visor?  I am contemplating to buy one, and was
> wondering if someone would share his/her experiences with it.  Does one need
> a serial cradle as well?

I don't have a Visor, but if you're looking for an alternative to
3Com, I'd also suggest you look into the TRGPro (trgpro.com).

The TRGPro is basically a PalmIII with 8M RAM plus 2M flash, and like
Visor, it has an expansion bay.  However, unlike Visor, the bay is not
proprietary, but instead accepts most CompactFlash cards (including
the IBM 1G microdrive).  And the cradle connection is the same as
3Com's, so you can get 3Com modems, etc, unlike Visor's which is
different.

It costs more, but an equivalent Palm/Visor would cost more.

The above reasons were why I bought the TRGPro instead of a
Palm/Visor.  Since then, I had one or two minor problems, which have
since had software patches, but they replaced it anyway.  And the Tech
Support Rocks!  They are the standard which all Tech Support for all
products should be measured (and I've _worked_ Tech Support).

Oh yeah, the sound is supposed to be better, but I have no opinion on
that.

--Jas