Re: PPP connection? Palm IIIs? Getty?

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 09:56:45AM -0400, Daniel Martin wrote:
> Well, what are you trying to do here?  Establish ppp over the hotsync
> cradle?  I've done that with my palm pilot pro., but it took some
> trickery.  It may take less trickery with a palm III, but I assume
> that the more trickery method will still work.

Yes, that's it exactly. I've tried many techniques, but all have failed.
I'm assuming that's because of the dynamic IP address. That's why this
particular method looks so hopeful.

> Anyway, here's the script:

I've tried the script, but all I can get is "signing on" and "negotiating"
from the pilot. I try telnetting to port 5192, but can't get any response
as described in the man page.

I'll keep trying to make this work, especially now that I have more to
go on, but I would still appreciate any ideas out there. I never expected
that having a dynamic IP would be so problematic!

Thanks,
Robbie