PPP connection? Palm IIIs? Getty?

If this list is still alive, can anyone say how to get a ppp connection to
a Palm III running? I've tried numerous sources, but my biggest problem is
that I don't have a static IP address. I've seen hints on using 10.0.0.x, but
that fails, probably because I don't have something right on the routing
tables. I'd appreciate any hints!

Also, I've been able to establish a connection using Palm Telnet and getty,
but it dies just after I enter my password. The connection finally times out.
It "feels" like getty is not receiveing the carriage return after the password.

Thanks!
Robbie