Re: No more Icc profile embedded with photos ?

Lars Wirzenius, 2008-08-20 10:21:02 +0300 :

> Is there a good, not too expensive device for measuring color on LCD
> monitors that works with free software on Linux?

I once researched the subject for a bit (not enough to actually buy
stuff and start calibrating).  Apparently the Colorvision Spyder, or
at least some models of it, can be made to work with a software called
Argyll which can generate ICC stuff from it.  Also, from what I
remember, you can buy the same device for wildly different prices
according to which (if any) Windows-or-Mac-only software you get with
it, although there seem to be different models for the colorimeter
proper.  The most basic package I can find today ("Spyder 2 Express")
ships for about 90€.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

[...] Des fois, y'a des trous. -- (Ptiluc)
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°2, partie 3/3.