Re: Introduction And Request for Help

Hi Mikko,

Welcome to debian-perl@.

On 2023-10-28 11:56, Mikko Johannes Koivunalho wrote:
My name is Mikko Koivunalho, CPAN alias MIKKOI <https://metacpan.org/author/MIKKOI>.
I have a few packages at CPAN.
Recently, I created a package, Env::Assert <https://metacpan.org/dist/Env-Assert> which I used at the office when creating containers for data pipelines.

Env::Assert received a small amount of attention, and I was even invited to give a speech about it at Perl / Koha Conference in Helsinki. To make it easier to use Env::Assert in Debian containers, I would like to package it for Debian. But I know nothing about Debian packaging, besides, of course, using them (installing with apt or dpkg).

Can anyone help me to package Env::Assert, please?

There is this nice introduction into packaging Perl packages for Debian:

https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/git.html

I would suggest giving it a look.

Best wishes,
Andrius