Re: Updated GnuPG::Interface

On Thu, 2020-07-23 at 23:55 +1200, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> We have two options here. Either
> patch /usr/share/perl5/Crypt/Monkeysphere/MSVA.pm in msva-perl to use
> the full path to /usr/bin/gpg when GnuPG::Interface. Or we modify
> GnuPG::Interface to use the full path instead of just running "gpg".
>
> I'm leaning towards the later as otherwise we'll be playing whack-a-
> mole for any other Perl programs that use Taint. Thoughts?
>
> I'm happy to prepare that patch.

I've written a patch for this and pushed it. General case patch is
submitted upstream here:

We'll need to carry our own patch even if upstream accepts it as I've
set the default binary for gpg to be the full path so we don't need to
use $ENV{PATH} or modify any programs that use GnuPG::Interface.

Cheers,
Andrew

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand