Re: Giving DDs access to perl-team/modules (was: Alioth -> Salsa)

[ re-posted with 7-bit headers to please Debian MTAs ]

Quoting Norbert Preining (2020-01-27 21:38:10)
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > Personally I'm in favour of giving DDs commit access, to allow
> > drive-by fixes and also for symbolic reasons; but I also share Dom's
> > point that people who want to become members / add packages/repos
> > should send a short mail to the list.
>
> It would be nice to allow all DD to commit to existing packages, but
> starting new packages would need introduction. That would allow as you
> said "drive-by fixes".

I am in favor of granting all DDs full access.

To me it feels like using a technical appreach for a social purpose if
we block access to encourage more introductions: I doubt it will help.

 - Jonas