Re: Interested in joining Debian Perl group

On 2020-06-21 15:09, gregor herrmann wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 13:14:05 -0400, Richard Hansen wrote:

I am interested in joining the Debian Perl group.

Great idea :)

To be able to add you to the team on salsa we need your salsa account name.

rhansen

(I snuck it in my original email via the libscgi-perl link; apologies for not being more obvious.)

I'm also interested in helping package BackupPC 4.x (https://bugs.debian.org/873075). To that end, I have packaged an old Perl module from CPAN (https://salsa.debian.org/rhansen/libscgi-perl) so that it can be used as a dependency. I would love it if someone would sponsor that package: https://bugs.debian.org/963105. I used dh-make-perl, and it's a simple module, so hopefully it will be trivial to review and approve.

libscgi-perl is - as any CPAN distribution - a good fit for the team, and if you move it to the team namespace, you'll easily find someone who reviews and uploads it.

Great! I assume I should set the Maintainer: field to:

  Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>

Correct?

Thanks,
Richard