Re: About fusioninventory-agent packaging

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:20:36 +0200, Guillaume Bougard wrote:

> Hello Gregor,

Salut !

> > Ouch, this is of course a bit of a pain if you have releases in
> > privates repositories.
> > But with 1:2.4.1-1 that should be fixed, I guess.
> Okay, I'll merge the changelog into one entry and we won't worry
> about version collision as 2.4.1 will follow soon.

Excellent.

> > > Here I really don't know how to close the bug in BTS. Gonéri is
> > > still the defined maintainer on BTS and he missed to close the bug.
> > Luckily everyone can close bugs in the Debian BTS :)
> > Please take a look at the documentation at https://bugs.debian.org
[..]
> Thank you, this help.
> I finally found my way in documentation:
> https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer

Right.

> Of course the documentation says only the bug owner or the package
> maintainer could close the bug. But this is an exception, so I
> guess this will work.

Sure, de facto we (as in the perl team) are the new maintainers after
the friendly handover.

> > 00bb19f26-upstream-github-commit.path has nice headers,
> > Makefile.PL.patch and systemd-obsolete-after-fix.patch have
> > autogenerated boilerplate headers.
[..]
> Sorry, I missed Makefile.PL.patch and systemd-obsolete-after-fix.patch headers O:)
> And I understand now why I shouldn't have applied the patchs in master branch.
> This will be fixed.

Great. - Applied patches can also cause problem when importing a new
upstream release with `dpt import-orig' (or the underlying `gbp
import-orig').

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Anouar Brahem: Un point bleu