Re: Alioth → Salsa

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:16:59 +0000, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> (cut things we seem to agree on or no longer needing work)

(same here)

> > >  - put a "you can't work here anymore" stopper to the alioth
> > >  repository, before the migration, revert it if the migration
> > >  fails
> > Ack.
> Done in alioth2salsa (thanks to gregor for watching over for silly
> mistakes)

Thanks!

> > >  - incremental migration
> > Hm?
> Suppose we start the migration in the morning, and by noon alioth
> reboots because of the overload. We don't want to start over in the
> afternoon, but to continue from where the morning run left.

Ah, right, good point.

> Maybe by checking whether the alioth repo already has the pre-receive
> hook used to disable pushes.

Sounds good.
We can also check if the repo exists on salsa, or both, but I think
checking the hook on alioth is the fastest thing.

> > But then we still want some kind of dynamic .mrconfig to have a
> > current list of repos.
> > Maybe a template .mrconfig in meta.git, and then dpt-salsa mrconfig
> > takes it and fills in the current list of repos?
> That could work nicely. Or dpt salsa createrepo can also update meta's
> mrconfig, like dpt alioth-repo does now.

Right, that can help too.
Still, an updated list from the current state on salsa seems useful
to me.

> > > I wonder if the salsa's wiki option is suitable for our needs. Less
> > > tricks make life simpler :) Modifications can be restricted to group
> > > members. The cost is converting from POD to markdown.
> > True but an additional cost is having to edit the wiki in the browser
> Each wiki is backed by a Git repository that can be cloned and worked
> on locally, then pushed. See
> https://salsa.debian.org/kgb-team/kgb/wikis/git_access for an example
> (and ignore the part for starting a local wiki engine).

Ah, right.

> However, I can't find a way to create a wiki for perl-team/modules,
> only for individual repositories under perl-team/modules/packages.
> So, scratch that idea.

Ok :)

(I'm also a bit confused what can be done at a group level and what
at a project level.)

> > I think that's a good idea, to get the steps done in the right order
> > and have responsibilities and small jobs for people willing to help.
> I started filling in
> infinote://gobby.debian.org/Teams/Perl/Alioth2Salsa

Thanks!
I've added/changed some tiny details.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Cat Stevens: Baby Get Your Head Screwed On