Re: Alioth → Salsa

On 31/01/2018 22:22, Alex Muntada wrote:
> gregor herrmann:
>
>> A good time to get a consensus here before the name is
>> enshrined in too many places :)
>
> Agreed, sorry if my comments come too late.

+1.
Agreed, it's the time to do it, OTOH, let's not discuss too long about
this, there is probably a lot of better use of our brain power ;)

>> Thinking out aloud:
>>
>> 0) I don't care alot how we name this subteam.
>
> Same here, just worried that others seem to care.

I care a little. Not much. I think in the sake of being clear, modules
is a bit misleading (but not much more than project).

>> 7) Reading through the lines above, I mention (in brainstorming
>>    mode) "distributions" and "cpan" and 'core vs. cpan' as
>>    options.
>
> I like "distributions" because it matches the use in CPAN without
> being CPAN only, but I also like "cpan" because is shorter :)

I think CPAN and distribution work, agree distribution is a bit long but
more accurate than cpan.

We could use perl5?-dist. Or perl5?-ecosystem but that's a bit long
probably ;)

> Regarding interpreter/core subgroup, what about "perl5" as used
> by upstream? It's really up to the team managing that subgroup,
> of course... It's only that I like shorter names.

I personnaly like perl-core best than perl5 or perl-interpreter. That
said, as Alex said, it's really up to the people in it ;)

nodens