Re: invitation for you and your packages to join the pkg-perl team

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 02:52:21PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> writes:
>
> > In the Debian Perl team, we have been looking at perl module packages
> > which are not team maintained and considering whether the lives of these
> > packages can be made better (for example, by reducing the overhead and
> > increasing the consistency of that packaging), by suggesting that they
> > be moved to the pkg-perl team.
>
> [...]
>
> > Your lib*-perl packages are listed below for reference:
>
> > libafs-pag-perl
> > libheimdal-kadm5-perl
> > libnet-duo-perl
> > libnews-article-perl
> > libpgp-sign-perl
>
> > Thanks for your work in maintaining the Debian Perl ecosystem!
>
> Hi Dominic!
>
> Apologies for the very delayed response.
>
> I would be happy for the Perl team to take over libheimdal-kadm5-perl.  I
> don't remember why I didn't package that under the Perl team in the first
> place.  https://git.eyrie.org/git/kerberos/heimdal-kadm5.git has the
> Debian packaging in the debian branch if you want to import the Git
> history.
>
> For the rest, I'm either upstream or (in the case of libnews-article-perl)
> practically upstream given that the package is orphaned, and I'm probably
> nearly the only user.  I think it makes sense for me to continue to
> maintain those packages myself at least for now, since they're fairly
> niche packages and I have a lot of insight into how they're used and when
> they may no longer be useful.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, this all makes sense. I noticed that you
responded to your membership ping saying that you'd like to get
involved again, so perhaps migrating libheimdal-kadm5-perl into the
team is something you can do? If so that might be a good way of killing
two birds with one stone!

Cheers,
Dominic.