Re: invitation for you and your packages to join the pkg-perl team

Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> writes:

> In the Debian Perl team, we have been looking at perl module packages
> which are not team maintained and considering whether the lives of these
> packages can be made better (for example, by reducing the overhead and
> increasing the consistency of that packaging), by suggesting that they
> be moved to the pkg-perl team.

[...]

> Your lib*-perl packages are listed below for reference:

> libafs-pag-perl
> libheimdal-kadm5-perl
> libnet-duo-perl
> libnews-article-perl
> libpgp-sign-perl

> Thanks for your work in maintaining the Debian Perl ecosystem!

Hi Dominic!

Apologies for the very delayed response.

I would be happy for the Perl team to take over libheimdal-kadm5-perl.  I
don't remember why I didn't package that under the Perl team in the first
place.  https://git.eyrie.org/git/kerberos/heimdal-kadm5.git has the
Debian packaging in the debian branch if you want to import the Git
history.

For the rest, I'm either upstream or (in the case of libnews-article-perl)
practically upstream given that the package is orphaned, and I'm probably
nearly the only user.  I think it makes sense for me to continue to
maintain those packages myself at least for now, since they're fairly
niche packages and I have a lot of insight into how they're used and when
they may no longer be useful.